Lambie refuses to back Omnibus child care arrangement

Bold Tasmanian Senator Jacqui Lambie is back on Tasmania Talks for her weekly Federal Government wrap.

Ms. Lambie speaks with Brian Carlton today about the changes to 18C, the Omnibus Bill, and a controversial weightlifting champion.

On the topic of the reforms to the Racial Discrimination Act, Ms. Lambie believes that there are more important things to be discussed in parliament.

“There are so many big issues on the table, it’s actually overshadowing everything that's really important," she says.

[---AD HERE---]

Ms. Lambie also spoke about why she will not support the child care reforms in the Omnibus Bill.

“The easiest solution here is to remove the argumentative points out of the Omnibus, which is probably about 10 or 15% of it, and put the other 85%, give or take...through the senate.”

You May Also Like

Hill blow for Dockers Hill blow for Dockers
SOME of the gloss has been taken off Fremantle’s thrilling one-point win over North Melbourne on Saturday night following news midfielder...
Power look into alleged hotel brawl Power look into alleged hotel brawl
BY STEVE LARKIN PORT Adelaide utility Jackson Trengove has arrived at training with a black eye after allegedly being involved in a pub brawl....
Tasmania steady at number four with CommSec Tasmania steady at number four with CommSec
Tasmania has retained fourth spot in CommSec's state of the states rankings. The table of state-by-state economic performance has Tasmania leading...
Lava heater hidden in personalised artwork Lava heater hidden in personalised artwork
Many people choose to hang artwork as a focal point in their home. But what if your artwork could also be a useful appliance? DMS Energy in...

Where to Listen

lafm logo47sd logo4