Victoria lockdown new rules and exposure sites -sharenews
VICTORIA LOCKDOWN NEW RULES
* From 11.59pm Friday all of Victoria will lock down, going to stage 4 restrictions until 11.59pm Wednesday.
* During the five day lockdown there will only be four reasons to leave home - shopping for essentials, caregiving, essential work or education, and exercise for two hours a day.
* People must stay within five kilometres of home.
* Masks must be worn everywhere except in the home and visitors to households are not permitted.
* Schools will close for four days and higher education will be closed, but childcare and early childcare centre centres and playgrounds will remain open.
* Places of worship are closed unless for broadcast of services and weddings not permitted unless on compassionate grounds.
THE HOLIDAY INN OUTBREAK
* Thirteen COVID-19 cases have been linked to the Holiday Inn at Melbourne Airport, with hundreds of close contacts in isolation.
* Genomic sequencing results for a resident and a worker at the Holiday Inn infected during the outbreak have confirmed the virus is the B.1.1.7 strain - the highly infectious UK variant.
* There are currently 19 active cases with 24,209 test results received up till midnight Thursday.
* The Jetstar terminal (Terminal 4) at Melbourne Airport has been added to the list of exposure sites, and anyone who was there on Tuesday February 9 between 04.45am and 2.00pm must get tested and isolate for 14 days.
* Five new locally acquired cases were reported on Thursday.
* Victoria's Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton suspects the virus spread via a nebuliser, used by one of the family members in hotel quarantine at the Holiday Inn.
* The Holiday Inn closed until further notice for "terminal cleaning", with about 135 staff at the hotel stood down, told to isolate at home and get tested.
* NSW authorities are currently contacting about 7,000 people who have entered NSW after visiting Victorian exposure sites.
* In addition, NSW authorities say anyone who attended any terminal at Melbourne Airport on February 7 and 8 must immediately get tested and isolate until a negative result is received.
COVID-19 CASE EXPOSURE SITES
Friday, February 5
* PJ's Pet Warehouse, Sunbury, 3.37pm - 4.10pm
* Bakers Delight, Sunbury Square Shopping Centre, 3.40pm - 4.15pm
* Aldente Deli, Sunbury Square Shopping Centre, 3.45pm - 4.23pm
* Sushi Sushi, Sunbury Square Shopping Centre, 3.53pm - 4.28pm
* Asian Star, Sunbury Square Shopping Centre, 3.57pm - 4.30pm
Saturday, February 6
* Cellarbrations, Sunbury, 6.17pm - 7.02pm
* Sunny Life Massage, Sunbury Square Shopping Centre, 4.30 - 6.30pm
Sunday, February 7
* Cellarbrations, Sunbury, 5.44pm - 6.19pm
Tuesday, February 9
* Brunetti, Terminal 4, Melbourne Airport, 4.45am - 1.15pm
* Commonwealth Bank, Glen Waverley, 1.30pm - 2.15pm
* HSBC Bank, Glen Waverley, 2.15pm - 3.30pm
Visitors to the following venue at the specified times at get tested and isolate until receiving a negative result:
Friday, February 5
* Sunbury Square Shopping Centre, 3.40pm - 4.30pm
© AAP 2021